Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Rrrrr
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I baked some cupcakes the other day to practice my food shots (and because Pyla asked me to make some sweets.) I know the picture looks like a cupcake cup filled with whipped cream but believe me, there's chocolate in there. The cupcake itself looks like crap but oh me oh my was it good. I was worried it wouldn't turn out well because of my oven's uneven heat, but the little suckers puffed up as it should and gracefully, appropriately collapsed. I handwhipped some cream with a sprinkling of sugar (oh Kitchenaid, how I miss you!) with two wire whisks and fortunately, the cream did fluff luxuriously. I was on my way to chocolate cupcake greatness! The recipe's called Melt In Your Mouth Chocolate Cupcakes with Whipped Cream and melt it did. The cupcakes immediately melted as soon as it touched your welcoming mouth. They're so fudgy, it starts getting sticky even before you finish stripping them of their paper collars. And to quote Homer: "Mmm, chocolate!"