Ij.
Sometimes, it's just wiser to say "I don't know" instead of inventing things and praying that no one else knows about what you said and risk looking like an idiot. Well, I know my pop culture and listening to her feed bullshit to my unwitting colleagues makes for such entertaining moments. It's something I look forward to everyday. Here are some of the greatest, most amusing (for lack of a better word) moments ever:
"It's the Blistex of my life, like in the movie..." (The movie was My Big Fat Greek Wedding and it's WINDEX!)
"...paint his fingernails black like Gary Cherone of Extreme in the More Than Words video" (Uh, the guy with black fingernails in the video is NOT Gary Cherone, it's Nuno Bettencourt! Arg!)
"You know Coritha the folk singer? Her son's name is Cowboy..." (The only Cowboy I know is the son of Sampaguita, grr.)
And The Clincher: A Play in One Part
(Enter Me wearing my Indioritmo Music Festival raglans)
Her: Hey nice shirt! I know that show!
Me: (beaming) Really? My friends and I organized it. It's the greatest musical event...
Her: (nodding enthusiastically) Yeah! It was great!
Me: (forlornly) ...that didn't happen.
Her: Oh.
Galing.
Bob
My 9 year old nephew and I were eating fried tilapia and we started pointing out various parts of the fish. I told my him, while poking at the tilapia's eye with my fork, that the squirty liquid inside is called aqueous humor. He looked at me, puzzled, and said, "I thought it was vitreous humor..." I swear, that kid is too smart for his own good.