Tuesday, August 08, 2006

On Jobs
I recently had such a disappointing conversation with my friend and about my job. I mean sure, I want to open a bookstore someday and sure, the money's good but I'm not ashamed that I work where I work.

I'm proud of what I do and proud that I'm in the industry that's practically propping up the economy. I love my job and my company has given me opportunities and avenues I wouldn't have seen or explored otherwise. A lot may think that working in a call center is a soul squeezing job. I say it is if you let it. I mean, you may be Ian Wright and doing the coolest job in the universe, but if you let your organization's system get to you, then you'll lose your passion and soul for sure. I don't regret a lot of things I did and leaving my job last year almost made the list of things I regret. Now I'm back doing the job I love, and I'm happy as ever. I pity those who feel that they need to be associated with people who do 'cool' and 'interesting' stuff with the token 'everyday' person. I really feel sorry for them because they're living their lives caged in other people's expectations.