Friday, December 27, 2013

So.

Yeah, so I've given up on the reading thing.  I know we're still a couple of days away from end-of-year, but I I can confidently say that I'm not about to finish a book by the 31st.

It's sad that I've been so preoccupied and digitally distracted lately - I'm sorry I'm not sorry. I did like indulging the attention deficit disordered kid residing within me.  I liked browsing through 9gag every night until I fall asleep.  I liked bugging Gishi while he's on the bed and hogging the a/c. I liked how hyper creative I was because I had no choice but to pull instructional design ideas out of my ass a couple of days before deadline. I liked being and doing those things.

But something had to give. I've never felt so old and creaky as I do now, which I'm attributing to the detached, disordered life I've led this year. So this year, I'll strive to become more disciplined and mindful in the things I do.  I want to consume less and create more. And maybe read a lot more books than I did this coming year.