I'm not sure where to begin, but I'll start anyway. I'm one of those people who have lost the sense of wonder when it comes to music, you see. With all the garbage floating around in the airwaves, I felt that everything I have ever loved about music is gone, or at least can only be heard from tracks that I listened to when I was younger. That's why I prefer listening to old songs. And yes, I'm old and crusty.
But it all changed. A slow day in the office, with my big-ass headphones on, I plugged into my iphone where I dumped interesting-sounding titles of tracks from my husband's itunes list. A Strange Arrangement sounded interesting enough, that and the album cover looked something out of a Wes Anderson movie.
You caught me in the right place, at the right time. Shut out from my surroundings, I was in a peaceful state of mind, open and ready to embrace the universe. And boy, the universe opened up and gave me a bear hug so warm and so reassuringly tight, I almost couldn't breathe. At that exact moment, the universe was you and your music. Everything about it - the harmonies, the falsetto, your smooth regular singing voice, your musicians, most of your words - settled into my soul and made everything seem okay. You made everything okay.
Thank you and I love you.
Love,
Me