Why Didn't I?
On the third day of signing, I was blubbering and tripping over my words but basically saying thank you for giving hope in these dreary times. I think he got it because he had this look that said "Awww.." and he put his well worn hands behind my neck to gently bestow a kiss. Time went on slow-mo, with my mind racing. I saw him and what used to be the biggest lips in England getting nearer and nearer and at the back of my mind, ohmygodohmygod, he's going for the lips! He's married! so I turned my head to one side and kissed his right cheek with the edge of my lips and staggered away from the table with my mind on overdrive and overwhelmed by the experience.
Four years later, I find out that he's been separated for almost 5 years and divorced since last year. I should've gone for that kiss.