Food
Since I'm so super into food right now, here's a food meme from Joelle:
How do you like your eggs? Sunny side up or creamy-scrambled
How do you take your coffee/tea: Cream and sugar. With a shot of mint syrup if from Starbucks
Favorite breakfast foods: I love breakfast! Bacon, eggs, pancakes, waffles, Silog and all its permutations.
Peanut butter: Smooth
What kind of dressing on your salad? Caesar or Goolai's creamy mango dressing
Coke or Pepsi? Coke
You’re feeling lazy. What do you make? Pan-fried hotdogs and rice
You’re feeling really lazy. What kind of pizza do you order? Four cheese pizza from Yellow Cab. Mmmm, cheese.
You feel like cooking. What do you make? Gorgonzola creme pasta with roasted veggies and vanilla cupcakes
Do any foods bring back good memories? Sugarhouse cookies - first year college lunch outs when Rin would devour a whole jar all by herself. San Mig light - 70s Bistro Wolfgang/Razorback gigs with Joelle and Elaine. We'd drink til we're all tipsy, about 3 each for me and Jo (Elaine's a more formidable drinker) and Joelle would flirt with Wolf. Hee.
Do any foods bring back bad memories? A Venetto Pizza. Accidentally bit hard on my inner cheek while chewing a bite of pizza. Not the pizza's fault really but the pain was the absolute pits.
Do any foods remind you of someone? Feta cheese reminds me of Jo. I witnessed her eating those strong, pungent suckers straight from the bottle. She finished the whole thing in a day, I think.
Is there a food you refuse to eat? Azucena and liver. I'd eat liver spread and pate, but not whole liver.
What was your favorite food as a child? Royco Chicken Noodle Soup (where are you now?) and HORLICKS!
Is there a food that you hated as a child but now love? Most veggies
Is there a food that you loved as a child but now hate? Hating food is just a waste of time.
Favorite fruit & vegetable: Banana and broccoli and squash
Favorite junk food: Potato chips! Any type of chips, as long as its loaded with salt, cheese or any yummy artificial flavoring that I'm sure will make us sick someday.
Favorite between meal snack: Chips or sandwich.
Do you have any weird food habits: I like eating chips after a meal.
You’re on a diet. What food(s) do you fill up on? Veggies.
How spicy do you order Indian/Thai? Mild. I've been eating a lot of hotter food lately and I'm starting to love the great zing but it hurts once it comes out the other end.
Can I get you a drink? Water.
Red wine or white? Red. First time I tried white wine was in Matabungkay. I was about 11 then, my ate and other younger cousins pooled our cash to buy wine, totalling to around 200 pesos. We sneaked out of the beach house while the adults were playing cards and went to the German bar next door. We had the driver buy the wine, a bottle of classy-sounding Chardonnay, had him fetch plastic cups from the pantry and popped the cork. We were all so excited about this very adult and sophisticated drink; we toasted and cheered and sipped....and threw the almost full bottle away. It was the most disgusting thing we've tasted. I haven't touched white wine since.
We only have beer: San Mig light
Favorite dessert? Cake
The perfect nightcap? A glass of water, hugs, kisses and a good book.