I recently bought a badge maker from one of the bigger toystores in the Metro. Needless to say, I've gone crazy making buttons! It's gotten so bad that I'm now going through my precious magazine collection looking for nice pics I can make into buttons. I've been giving these buttons away to friends and people whom I think will appreciate them. Now if only I can stop myself from totally ruining my magazines...intervention please!Oh, Mother!
My mom's been having a big fat baking frenzy for the past few weeks, having earned enough time to try out our Christmas KitchenAid. Not that I'm complaining but, man, I've got an upcoming Palawan trip and a wedding to think about. I digress. My mom's baking frenzy has gotten so big, that her friends are ordering from her already. They're mostly ordering the mocha chiffon and pineapple upside-down cakes, which admittedly are quite good. Never thought I'd like pineapple in my cake. Not that this is a new venture for her, my mom's a fantastic cook and baker and she's been taking cake orders since she was a college student trying out her baking skills. One of the Dons in Marikina used to order cakes from her and she actually made enough gimik money from those orders. She would also make leche flan out of all those egg yolks left over from the mocha chiffon and it's orgasmic (for lack of a better word). The custard is pock-mark free, smooth and shiny like satin. Its top color is a luscious, swim-suit model tan; while underneath is off-gold, calling you to dig into its creamy flesh. A pool of amber liquid surrounds the custard, inviting you to soak your spoon into it. The combination of amber liquid and custard touches your tongue delicately and spreads like silk unfurling in your mouth. Now, that's what I call heaven. Aah.