Thursday, September 29, 2005

Vicious Cycle
Image hosted by Photobucket.comNow that I have a new job, guess what I did when I got my first paycheck? Yes, I bought a new book. Of course, the book I bought was Neil's Anansi Boys. It came with a limited copy of a handwritten note by Neil, hoping that the reader will enjoy the book. There's even a sketch Fat Charlie's lime in it. Very very charming, that man. Honeslty I wasn't too thrilled about that limited, numbered copy of a handwritten note coz I have some stuff signed by him, but I totally got goosebumps when I opened the book and saw in the copyright page the words "FIRST EDITION." FYI, a first edition copy is the holy grail of book collectors everywhere and even if Neil's books aren't too collectible yet, he is, after all MY Neil and everything of his that I have, first edition or not, is more precious to me than all the jewelry I own.

Pyla and I hung out in Tower Records/Powerbooks in Glorietta and in the hour that we spent there, I came up with a top ten book wishlist already. Heee. I'll post the wishlist soon.