Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Stellar
Just came from a meeting of another project I'm doing with my friends. Hopefully, the ultimate goal will push through and when it does, my work will be alongside Mr. K's, a friend whom I hold in great esteem. He's a multi-Palanca award winning writer and one of the nicest people a person can ever meet. My only worry about this is, damn, my puny work will be alongside his stellar one. I mean it'll be like walking beside a supermodel with me feeling really small, grubby and ugly. Although vanity aside, it'll be one heck of an experience to be workshopped by one of the finest pen-wielders around and that in itself will be such a great reward.

Nesting
Lil Jo lent me a mind-blowing and utterly fabulous arki/interior design magazine and I'm going to bed with it. I'm praying that some of its great art and colorful ideas will rub off on me while I sleep. God knows I'm in dire need of something like that.

Tribute
Image hosted by Photobucket.comI'm not much of a hip-hop/rap/rapmetal fan and suffice to say that getting a vocalist from a band whose music is of the aforementioned genre to sing a couple of Wolfgang songs was totally WRONG. Whoever had the brilliant idea of getting that guy from Kinkyhooters (awgad, I was cringing as I typed that) should be shot. Twice.
I know, I know, Kevin was probably responsible for that and the Wolfgang tribute was his show and I totally love and adore Kevin, but DAMN. It was looking bleak and I thought I wasted two perfectly good hundred peso bills on shite. Good thing Mishka Adams took to the stage. Now that's a girl who should be in Kinkyhooters (sorry, haha). The show even got better when Kevin (great), Jet Pangan (surprisingly brilliant), Jay Ortega (hmn, so-so) and Karl Roy (not really good, but he's fucking novelty) sang the favorites. Half of Wolfgang played really well, considering that they don't regularly play together anymore. Manuel's still the same rooted-to-the-spot guitarist but Mon was prancing around the stage and happily interacting with Manuel, which they hardly ever did back when Wolfgang was still alive. Brian Velasco did the drum chores for the first set, and was great as usual. The second set had a guy named Francis Aquino on drums and man was this dude the craziest drummer I have ever seen. He was pounding so hard that he broke a stick after the fifth (?) song and Pyla, who was quiet the whole of the first set, stood up, shouted his approval and flashed the universal rock 'n roll sign \m/ with reverence. That dude totally rocked out, to the point that the band had to take mini breaks between songs because Francis' body was cramping up due to vigorous drumming. He totally stole the show. There'll be a repeat of the Wolfgang Tribute at 70s Bistro on Sept. 17. Watch if you're a Wolfgang fan and not pregnant (wink, wink).

I missed watching rock gigs and I'm glad that my hiatus has been broken by watching a tribute to the band I love the most. Oh, I just remembered something. Delroy and I had a secret crush on Manuel way back when we were watching them regularly. It was a secret because Jo was totally, seriously in love with him. Manoy seemed interested in her too, but nothing consistent and lasting. Boy did he look hot that night. I'm not sure about Delroy, but I still do have a secret crush on him, hehe.