After a hectic 3-week trip and 3-day solitary confinement making my research report, I'm back. It's good to be home, I missed my books, friends and family. Something good came out of that 3 days of isolation though -- I'm not afraid of thesis anymore. Thesis was actually holding me back from getting a master's degree, but after the Ozamiz ordeal, I know I'll be able to hack it.
Eyecandies
First thing that I did when I stepped on good ole Manila soil was watch Star Wars: The Revenge of the Sith. A lot of people didn't like it, but I thought it was a satisfying end to a gruellling prequel saga. I kinda had the feeling that George Lucas adopted a "fuck you all" attitude and did what Star Wars was supposed to do and to be -- a tongue in cheek narrative of what happened in a galaxy far, far away from costume-wearing, overly critical fanboys. It was fun and tragic and breathtaking. I had that lovely sinking feeling when they screwed in Darth Vader's mask on Anakin's macerated face. I knew that Anakin is Darth Vader (duh!) but it's one thing to know and another to see the actual transformation. No matter what overly critical fanboys say, I enjoyed the fecking movie (except for the squirmingly bad acting of Natalie Portman). Madcat
Lala is in the hospital now, less one ovary. We had a putah day-out on the day she was to be confined for some big estrolove. She reported that at our age, which incidentally is peak childbearing age, our reproductive systems need to be fully utilized (read: we have to bear children) otherwise, nature will backlash with nasty stuff growing in our bodies like that evil cyst she had. Just goes to show that whatever society we're in, no matter how civilized we are, it all boils down to evolution's need to preserve the species. I'm just scared of whatever I'll find in my body.
Delroy Dear
Talking to Delroy is one of the things I love doing the most. We were talking about our future and goals earlier and I realized that I'm about to lose her. A sorry accident happened that finally made up her mind if she's going to Oz or not. She's fixing her papers now, as I type. But I digress. I realized that I still don't have the need to move out of this country, even if the people I hold dear are doing so. I don't know, but maybe it's because I haven't been out of the country much lately that I don't know what I'm missing. I've travelled recently to Mindanao and I can't help but be held in awe by the beauty of dear old Philippines. There's just so much potential and materials to work on that I wonder why we're considered a third world country. We have a first-world crap of a government, yes, but the people, natural resources and the general feel of our place is just...extraordinary. Now I'm more curious if other countries have the same things that we have here and if they can stupefy me into disbelief. We'll just have to wait and see.
The End
And so it shall come to pass that whatever one has created, another must seek to destroy. Princess Brat's lies have finally dealt their heavy blow on her pretty little head.