Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I'm Having What They're Having
Image hosted by Photobucket.comGadayng. Have you ever watched Cartoon Network during lazy hours? If you have, I'm sure you would've encountered Capt. Linger but if not, you've got to spend more time watching t.v., dude. Anyway, it's about this Superman-like hero wannabe who just practically screws up most of his heroic attempts with his tendency to, um, linger. Expect a lot of uncomfortable pauses and head-scratching (of the I-don't-get-it kind.) It's annoying as hell, but belly-achingly funny once you get over the initial annoyance. You just wonder what drugs the creators were on when they thought of that show. Hmn.

Man
Duchess, Samantha, Benstar and I just came from Jordy's first one-man exhibit of his sculptures. Nothing too unusual about that except for the fact that Jordy used to be Duchess' playmate way back in college. We were stuck in the campus with Giosi and Jordy with nothing to do, so what Duchess did was give Jordy piggy-back rides along the corridors and drag him around on the shiny tiled floor. Now he's all grown up, a man with 20 summers behind him, tall and beefy enough for him to give Duchess piggy back rides. We just couldn't believe that it's been 11 years since we played with Jordy. Now he has his own body of work and patrons such as THE Don Jaime buying his works. He a man now and we're feeling our age more. Sniff. Digression: saw THE Don Jaime earlier before the exhibit opened. He looked like a simple tisoy man wearing an ordinary polo barong with inconspicuous guards securing the area. I wouldn't have known that it was him if Pyla didn't mention it. You wouldn't have thought that the man whose family owns most of the business district and a heckuva lot more would arrive in that way. Now that's what I call style.