Monday, February 07, 2005

Drag
I simply can't take it anymore. My new boss talked me into reconsidering my decision to leave for at least another month. Things seemed to look up then, but as the week progressed, a surge of regret crept in. Suddenly, just a day after the negotiation with my boss, opportunities poured in. There's a writing gig in an academic institution and my tita who's counting on my help on some of her big research projects was a wee bit disappointed with my decision. Not even the thoughts of finishing my class and getting all my stock shares for free are appealing anymore. Something inside me is just raring to get out this place, not that it's been a bad experience or anything coz it's not, it's really the pressing need to do something a bit different in another setting. Maita once told me that it's time to leave if you're dragging your feet to go to work. Now is that time for me. I feel as if I'm wearing lead boots when I wake up in the morning for work. I can't focus anymore and what's worse is I don't care about the things that are happening in the office.

Stuff
In the spirit of my wanting to leave full-time work, here is a checklist of what I'll be doing:

*help Mommy with the catering biz
*finish reading my books
*study Arts Management and anything that pertain to museums; some education units
*research job
*travel, travel, travel
*get a full physical
*exercise and lose weight
*free-lance travel agent
*spend more time with loverboy
*tutor gradeschool kids
*teach part-time (if I can work it out)
*get a fabulous tan