Swamped
I'm just so swamped with work, I can't seem to do anything else. Heck, I find myself just staring at the computer screen blankly coz I don't know where to start. Dayng. I like being busy though, but there's this added pressure of fulfilling my usual obligations on top of all that fecking OIC stuff.
Emo
Was chatting with Owrange M. the other day. She was telling me about her fecked-up family and as a courtesy, I told her a bit of mine. I suddenly found myself weeping. It totally shocked me, because: 1. I'm so numb about all that family stuff already, or so I thought. 2. I'm not really good friends with Owrange M. which goes without saying that I don't trust her that much yet. 3. I don't like crying in front of other people.
I analyzed this -- I'm an analyst, so sue me -- and I came to the conclusion that all the stress from work, family, etc. just needed to be released. I guess my stress gasket got too full and was just ready to pop. And pop it did. Harhar.
Love Stories
I watched 2 movies (so far) this week, both of them about love:
50 First Dates - I read somewhere that it's a sad movie. It is in a way, but the fact that Lucy's (Drew's character) family and Henry (Adam's character) are there to support her, it's just simply wonderful. I can't help but compare Henry with Pyla. No, I'm not short-term memory impaired, although mine's not that great, but Pyla can be that patient and a such wonderful nurturer. Siigh. The soundtrack is amazing too, lots of eighties stuff resurrected as reggae tunes. And Hawaii. Aaaah, Hawaii. If romantic movies aren't for you, watch 50 First Dates just for the scenery. It's like a Hawaii travelogue and moving picture postcard.
Love, Actually - Such a lovely, lovely English film, after the tradition of Four Weddings And A Funeral. Oftentimes funny and heartwarming, sometimes poignant and heartbreaking. It's similar to Magnolia, where a lot of little stories are connected together by a particular thing. In Magnolia, it's that quiz show and in Love, Actually, it's mostly the music (from the radio, from the telly, etc.). I especially loved the porn movie couple and the washed up rock star.
I'm getting the DVD copies of both movies (pirated, of course).