Friday, December 05, 2003

Princess Brat
Can I just vent about Princess Brat? I haven't really seen her lately, I just saw her Friendster profile and I instantly got incensed. Everything just came rushing back, her pretentiousness and bratiness is just so intolerable. She 's one of those people who wishes other people ill, even her friends, when she herself is not in a good place. I remember when she had a preggy scare (which turned out to be true and promptly had her pregnancy terminated) and I was getting paranoid about it myself. We were talking about it on the phone and she said that she hopes I am too, uttered in an entirely malicious manner. Like she wants me to join her in her misery. I didn't join her pity party.

I may be self-righteous, but at least I'm generally good to my friends and to other people. Now this negative energy is taking over me and making me palpitate. Some close, dear friends (including Pyla) and I helped her out of a tight spot once, financially and emotionally, and she would always say that she's thankful to us and that she practically owes us her life. But saying is way different than doing. When she started working, she met up with a lot of people who share her ka-konyohan and would always decline our invitations for coffee or night-outs. She slept around and of course, she'd run to us when she's having problems with her boyfriend or some other stuff. I hate being a foul-weather friend, not that I don't want to help her or anything, but for me, being a friend is being there whether things are good or bad. I'd appreciate it if a friend would tell me that she got promoted or landed a big deal or bagged a good man. I don't think that's what you'd call collecting dues, but in a way it is, coz I get fulfilled and happy knowing that my friends are doing well and in a good place.

Today, I totally loathe Princess Brat. Time for me to listen to Walk again.