I have just finished reading "American Gods" by Neil Gaiman. If I had one wish today, no, I don't want fame and fortune for now, I'd wish for the genius of Neil Gaiman. American Gods delves into the sentiments of the gods brought over to America by the numerous cultures that inhabit the country; an impending war against the ancient cultural gods and the modern gods of technology orchestrated by Wednesday, a personification of Odin, the Norse version of Zeus; and a mortal caught in this fiasco. One need only read the intricately woven words of Gaiman and the pictures just naturally fall into place. Reading him is so effortless, it's almost like watching a movie, only, the reader's imagination is not limited by special effects and hollywoodland actors.
Now, I'm compelled to read all his works. This is the time that I'd be wishing for money because the Sandman graphic novels are uber expensive, around P1,000 per comic book, and that was 3 years ago. Sigh. But if I have Gaiman's genius, then why would I bother with works such as his? Hehehehe.
I'll just have to make do with the paperback novels then.