One of my IG friends posted on his IG Stories things and people he was thankful for this year. I wasn't planning on doing anything like this, because I am thankful for everything 24/7, but I think I want to list down more significant things, people and moments I'm thankful for this year (so far).
Thankful for almost 11 years with Gishi. He left us July of this year and while that was one of the most emotionally painful things I've had to go through (and still going through) ever, I'm still thankful for the gift of companionship from the sweetest, gentlest, and most suplado dog I've ever had the pleasure of caring for - and vice versa. Love you forever, Gishibear.
Thankful for Miso and Moku, the two clowns who constantly brighten our days with their kitty antics, and well, anything they do actually. Someday, I'll install a camera in the living room and stream it so everyone can ogle them round the clock too.
Thankful for work. Really, honestly thankful because apart from money, it gives me such a great feeling of accomplishment when I'm able to solve a problem, or complete a project. It challenges me enough to keep me on my toes and not feel complacent about the stuff I know. It encourages me to keep learning new things and improve my skills. The bonuses and 14th month pay are super cool too.
Thankful for workmates who lift everyone up when we have the [professional] doldrums, by their enthusiasm and excitement. Also thankful to some workmates who irritate and annoy the hell out of me - they teach me patience and self-regulation (heh).
Thankful for our community's volunteers who astound me with their energy and sense of commitment to make the place that we live in, and the people around us, much better. Truly inspirational.
Thankful for friends old and new who still exert effort to keep in touch despite these introversion and self-isolation-nurturing times.
Thankful for family members who remind us that we don't have to deal with things on our own, and that family is there to help and be helped.
And, always thankful for Pye for everything.
Happy belated thanksgiving, dear friends!