Thursday, April 28, 2016

Tin

I had almost forgotten how refreshing and rejuvenating it is to have a really good conversation with someone.

I've been feeling a bit low lately, especially at work. At least once a year, I get these blue funks and question everything I'm doing and feeling so exhausted about everything. It's about that time of the year for me now.

So the other day, I came in at my usual early morning shift, and lo and behold, I saw Tin, my teammate who comes in at night. I asked if she was on her way home and she said that she just got in too, wanting to try the morning shift.

After setting up, I went to her workstation to ask her about something and that visit ended almost 3 hours later, and me feeling more cheery and optimistic.

We had a great conversation about childhood, school, husbands, places, friends. Everything flowed oh so easily, jumping from one topic to another, then going back to what we were originally talking about - just the type of conversation I enjoy. We laughed about how creepy she was in high school, compared Iloilo and Marikina, pondered on urban development, and stalked high school crushes on FB. It was great not pushing an agenda, not arguing, no one hard-selling an idea, and absolutely no snarkiness. It was all pleasant, amiable, self-deprecating, and un-self-conscious.

After the really long chat, I went back to my station feeling so much lighter. I tackled work, and the world with a smile on my face and the sun in my heart (corny, but yeah).

Thank you, Universe for people like Tin.