Yesterday's DW event was a reward for working from home on a holiday. I shut my laptop and turned on Netflix, eyes hungry for something to watch. DW popped up from the recently watched playlist, and I thought, why the hell not? See, the thing about DW, is that no matter how long you've waited, or in my case, forgotten, to watch the next episode, it's still frightfully delightful and touching and fantastic.
Pye came home when I was starting on the 2nd episode of the day, and as someone who hasn't seen most of Matt Smith's DW, he found the pace too frenetic and confusing, compared to those of David Tennant's DW. I like it just the way it is, albeit MS' too flighty attitude and weak characterization of the companions (the Ponds). Rose is still the stronger companion, character-wise IMO. I just wish Donna stuck around longer - I'm positively sure that she would've been the best DW companion for this revival.
Posting some gems here from the episodes I watched last night:
from A Town Called Mercy:
| from http://www.planetclaire.org/quotes/doctorwho/series-seven/a-town-called-mercy/ |
from The Power of Three: