Saturday, March 26, 2011

Life Aquatic

One of the most blissful moments I have ever experienced was floating on the sea and looking at the clear Batangas skies. A breeze was gently skimming the water's surface, mini aqua dunes lazily forming and unforming. I smell the green leaves of trees near the ocean's edge and salt of the unending silken sheet on which I lay. Ears just beneath the surface, I hear only the steady cadence of my own heart and the muffled whispers of the world turning.

==

P. and I were listening to The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou soundtrack at home and we just couldn't get over the loveliness of the entire album. It was funny because we never really picked out the Mark Mothersbaugh instrumentals while watching the movie. We only discovered how beautiful they were when we downloaded the soundtrack and I think that they're even lovelier than the David Bowie acoustic-Brazilian songs by Seu Jorge.

P. mentioned that a really great movie soundtrack should not be distinctly heard when you're watching the movie; it should blend into the background, adding to the visual palette giving the viewers a strong sensory appeal. I couldn't agree more.