Rambling
I'm excited about things that are about to come but I can't talk too much about it yet. I just need to let out some steam, otherwise I just might burst! I feel giddy, giddy, giddy about this old-new thing and siiiigh.
Oh, I bought the best gadget ever! It's a Dymo, you know that old labeling machine we had when we were kids? It was the best 266 pesos I ever spent ever! I've been labeling our boxes and cabinets and I just can't get enough. It's so simple, it's genius. You turn the dial to the letter you want to type and then you squeeze the handle part and an internal mechanism embosses the letter onto the special sticker. It doesn't require electricity, ink or batteries, just plain old handstrength (hardly) and the special Dymo sticky tape. The pack comes with 1 roll of red sticky tape, but other colors are available at 70 pesos a roll. I initially wanted to buy one of them spanking new labelmakers where you type your message and it prints out whatever it is you typed but it was horrifyingly expensive at 8,000 pesos (!). Good thing P. pointed out where the old-skool Dymos are displayed and I'm just over the moon with my new toy.
Getting the Dymo was perfect because P. and I organized our stuff at home a little bit. It's a bummer that the apartment is bare as a baby's ass -- no extra cabinets, closets and storage area apart from the kitchen cabinets and the tiny room under the stairs so we bought plastic bins and a rack with wheels so we can stash our stuff that have accumulated over the years. I used the rack as additional kitchen storage and I must say that I really like looking at it from outside the storage room where it rests. P. bought plastic bins for his computer stuff, my craft stash, his tools, our table linens. It's surprisingly addictive to organize stuff. Now I get why people can become obsessive about this.