Sunday, April 11, 2010

Again

Right. So I had the same dream again last night, the dream where I watch the sea and a gigantic wave is building up and crashing near where I am. I've had this dream several times already and I was happy just letting it be, but since it's starting to disturb and scare me, I looked up what it means. I read somewhere (sorry, forgot where) that dreams like this could be a sign that a part of my life is rising up and is begging to be paid attention to -- it could be a decision I'm putting off or I'm procrastinating on something. I don't have anything that I need to decide on, well, maybe what breakfast I'm cooking today, but other than that, no other earth-shattering decisions to make.

Another explanation I found was it could be my subconscious reminding me that it's there and making sure that its power is felt.

I think I like the second explanation better, but I have a history of my dreams literally coming true, or seeing the truth in dreams. It's strange and scary really, that's why I'm always on the lookout for tidal waves when I'm on the beach. We'll see what happens.

P. suggested that I confront the wave and dive into it, but I'm afraid that I might not be able to surface. This actually reminds me of a short story in Sandman where a guy climbs a cliff and realizes that he's too far up and is scared to death that he might fall, so he doesn't move. Dream of the Endless appears and talks to him about falling; that 3 things may happen if you let yourself fall in your dream: sometimes you don't survive the fall, sometimes you wake up, and sometimes you fly.