Monday, December 15, 2008

Papasan

I didn't realize that the Papasan chair came from the Philippines. I've been wanting this chair since my siblings, cousins and I fought over it at Tita Lenit's Matabungkay resthouse in the late 80s. I found one at Restoration Shang, but sadly, it was waaay too big and bulky for our apartment. Sigh, this would've made the greatest reading chair. Someday, I'll have you, Papasan.


Big Red
Last night, while I was fixing my stuff for today, I thought I lost my bleeding red organizer. Internally, I panicked so much, it kept me up almost all night and it was the first thing on my mind this morning. I tried to calm myself down with the comforting thought of Big Red nestled comfortably amid the old hand outs inside my pedestal drawer at work but I couldn't help thinking that a big chunk of 2008 could be lost, together with all the important grown-up numbers (SSS, TIN, bank account #s, etc.) written on Big Red's identification page. More importantly, all my doodles, journal entries, memorable shows I've attended this year are all there -- the ones that are totally heartbreaking when lost. Thankfully, all my fears went unfounded the moment I opened my pedestal drawer and saw Big Red in the top drawer. I kinda feel sorry that 2008 is ending. Not only was it a pretty good year, I had a really good organizer/journal too. Now if I can only find the time to go on a bookstore hunt for another red Moleskine diary before the year ends and Big Red's pages run out. Hopefully I can find the red, small daily 2009 this time.

Photobucket