Thursday, July 26, 2007

Hay, hay, hay
So many things to do, but I seem to not find the time nor the will to finish them. I always end up looking out the window and spacing out. You think I need a vacation? I came from a 6-day Boracay vacay a mere 2 weeks ago and exactly as I suspected, I had a hard time adjusting to city life once more. Aah, Ennui, why do you make me suffer so?

Thankfully, things have been quiet at the work front, so I have time to potter around at home and hang out with friends. Speaking of potter, Gboy was one of the finalists of their school's Harry Potter quiz bee. Pyla and I went to his school and watched my little nephew match HP wits with boys bigger than him. Not that size is a factor in winning the quiz bee. His team didn't win because his darn teammate writes so effing slow, they didn't get to finish their answers to two questions. Pyla got me HP7 there for a steal -- P1,450 with a free hardbound book 6. Not bad, eh? I'm having mixed emotions about the last HP installment. It's the end of HP as we know it, the end of an era.

Yet another era has ended with the departure of dear old Tess to Scotland. I'm going to miss her and our roundabout conversations but I'm equally happy now that she's taken the big step to discovering herself. Brava, mon amie.

Elaine is also leaving for her usual buying trip to Europe once more and I do hope she gets to see the Valentino exhibition in Rome. I'm not a big fan of wearing haute couture but I'm a huge art and museum fan. I dare say that this is art:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
photos from house42

And so. Bye for now.