Every year, since I was a child, my family and I would always watch a movie to while away the remaining hours and minutes of the old year. I distinctly remember watching Annie, The Sound of Music and Hook (different years, of course) in my parents' room at the old family house while people are going ga-ga over firecrackers outside. Now that an era has ended, and a new one has commenced, I thought that that little new year's eve tradition has disappeared. Apparently, Pyla does the same thing...watch a movie while waiting for midnight to strike. And so it lives.
This year, Pyla and I wanted to watch a frat pack movie, but ended up watching The Royal Tenenbaums the 3rd time this week. I can't express how significant that movie is for me right now, how hopelessly in love I am with every character of that film and how I sorely want a salmon-pink study.
Happy new year, all.