Boredom can produce such pretty things. This particular project turned out to be a book bag containing my original gift to a friend. I wanted to wrap it nicely coz the book I got was the last copy and is pretty beat up. I'm notorious in my circle for the extraordinary gift wraps that is if I have the time, this one was supposed to actually be just a paisley outline patch. I guess too much spare time stood in the way so it morphed into a crazy, 'embroidery' project using up the bits of string I have lying around. I myself was surprised when I finished it. I just couldn't believe that I did something like this. To think that I almost flunked Home Ec way back in high school because of that damn cross-stitch project. I still don't know how to cross-stitch, but I can chain-stitch like anything :)
Sunday, June 26, 2005
Crafty
Boredom can produce such pretty things. This particular project turned out to be a book bag containing my original gift to a friend. I wanted to wrap it nicely coz the book I got was the last copy and is pretty beat up. I'm notorious in my circle for the extraordinary gift wraps that is if I have the time, this one was supposed to actually be just a paisley outline patch. I guess too much spare time stood in the way so it morphed into a crazy, 'embroidery' project using up the bits of string I have lying around. I myself was surprised when I finished it. I just couldn't believe that I did something like this. To think that I almost flunked Home Ec way back in high school because of that damn cross-stitch project. I still don't know how to cross-stitch, but I can chain-stitch like anything :)
Boredom can produce such pretty things. This particular project turned out to be a book bag containing my original gift to a friend. I wanted to wrap it nicely coz the book I got was the last copy and is pretty beat up. I'm notorious in my circle for the extraordinary gift wraps that is if I have the time, this one was supposed to actually be just a paisley outline patch. I guess too much spare time stood in the way so it morphed into a crazy, 'embroidery' project using up the bits of string I have lying around. I myself was surprised when I finished it. I just couldn't believe that I did something like this. To think that I almost flunked Home Ec way back in high school because of that damn cross-stitch project. I still don't know how to cross-stitch, but I can chain-stitch like anything :)