Saturday, April 02, 2005

Fantastic Four
Look at what my sweet honeybear gave me for our fourth anniversary:
Oops, sorry. It's actually a white surfer-girl Fossil watch :)
Isn't he the sweetest thing?

Pontifical
I'm not a religious person at all, as a matter of fact, I most often am disgusted with the trappings of religion, but once I saw in the news that the Pope is seriously ill, I felt really sad. I have actually seen the Pope in person during the 1995 World Youth Day in Luneta. I was with Evette, my sister and her school friends, and we managed to snake to like 6 feet from the stage where the Pope will deliver his message. We stood by a group of Canadian youth whom we chatted with, and they told us that it's their second time to see the Pope. Once he came out, I felt as if I encountered someone divine. His aura was so pure and bright, that I could almost touch the spirit that is too big for his corporeal form. I was so overwhelmed that tears sprang to my eyes -- I was greatly awed. Christine, one of the Canadian girls, put an arm around my shoulders and looked at me with great understanding. She whispered kindly that that's exactly how she felt when she first saw the Pope and we quietly stood there awash with wonder and awe on the most important living Catholic. God will do what's best for him.