Friday, August 13, 2004

Ramblings
Warning: read at your own risk. Welcome to my (scattered) mind
I have finally figured out my life. I've been scrounging around for the past year, starting and trying to complete my Sandman library. Sometimes I wonder why I took me this long to gather most of the volumes. I used to say to myself that "I don't have enough money" or "It's out of stock, so I'll wait a couple more months," but now I realize that it's not really the money (I think I can now well afford to buy another entire collection) nor is it the lack of bookstore stock (I can always go to those fanboy comic shops and buy the whole collection). It's actually the thrill of the hunt, the exhiliration of discovery, the heady scent of success.

Au contraire to vox populi, I measure my success not by the money I earn nor the position I hold, but on the outcome of the expeditions I choose to be in. At this point in my life, I chose the Sandman Library Expedition. Some might think that basing one's meaning in life on a bunch of graphic novels is silly, but I beg to differ. We find meaning in every little thing that can strike our soul and in my case, Neil Gaiman's Sandman did just that. I can't describe how much I relate to the characters in Sandman -- on how much Neil Gaiman knows me, on how he shamelessly exposed the dark underbelly of my personality. Neil has plagiarized my thoughts.

Now that I only have 2 volumes to hunt for, I don't know what I'm supposed to do with my life. It's like you've embarked on the greatest adventure ever, one that you've been dreaming about since you were a kid, and now it's almost over. You then ask yourself, "now what?" I'll get back to you on that in a couple of months.