Lost In Translation
I'm feeling very much like Bill Murray in the movie Lost In Translation. I'm in Cebu right now, but I might as well be in another country. I can't understand the dialect and I don't know the place too well, which should be okay but at least for work, I'm on my own. I'm rooming with some cool officemates, but I'm not that comfortable just yet. I need to cut loose and maybe do something productive aside from work to keep this discomfort at bay. So far, I've gone to 2 restaurants, food is very cheap but not really remarkable. Very similar to those in Manila but a heckuva lot cheaper, so it's easier to swallow (pun, haha).
Class is a bit ho-hum, just administered an exam and now, they're listening to a fellow trainer talk about New York. I'm thinking of going on a solo trip, eat at the dessert place that Kilikili recommended. I'll be here for two weeks, go home for my birthday and stay in Manila for a week then come back here for a month. Whew. I love the place I'm staying at, really posh and comfy, plus I can swim at the nearby hotel for free. At least I got something to burn off all the weight I'll be gaining.
I should try to treat this experience as a great adventure since this is what I've always wanted to do. Give me around 3 days to settle in and I'll be good.