Show(e)baks
I have showbiz friends and it's funny, coz sometimes they get so immersed in their 'world' that they forget what's real. I also don't get the whole adulation thing. Sure, adulation and adoration is good sometimes but wanting it all the time is a whole different story. I mean what does that say about you? My friend is beautiful, talented and witty as hell, but why do I get the feeling that she's always fishing for THAT? I wonder if she's insecure. What's happening now, as I see it, is that all the relationships outside of her family are becoming showbiz, if you get what I mean. She treats her friends (us) like fans and she constantly wants the spotlight on her. If it's not, she looks utterly bored and would roll her eyes most of the time. It's probably just me, but friends shouldn't be treated as fans or followers. I refuse to give in and do the same to her, coz in my book, a friend is more than a fan or a follower. Not showbiz at all. Inspite of all that, I still love her and I'll continue to be a loyal friend.