Friday, December 19, 2003

Ju-On
Oh my lordy. Ju-on scared the shit out of me. I think my eyes were closed (or covered forcibly by Pyla's hands and shoulders) for a good quarter of the film, to avoid any future hauntings from the ghosts in the film. Why is it that Jap horror flicks has such a tremendous effect on me? Is it because the characters are close to home (read: people who look kinda like Pinoys) or is it really the Jap's twisted imagination grabbing ones hackles and tearing em off the back of your neck? Either way, Ju-on or The Grudge is a film you can't watch alone -- it's that scary. Although a great horror flick, it's rather thin on the story aspect as a lot of questions are left unanswered but if everyone else in the moviehouse is screaming, who the hell cares?

There was this one scene wherein one of the characters was taking a shower then this ashen hand touched her nape while shampooing. That totally freaked me out and I came to work with dishevelled hair due to improper shampooing. Heck, my back was against the bathroom wall while taking a bath so no ashen hand could touch my neck and if I weren't so dang tired, I would have stayed up all night reading a kiddie book to keep my mind off the scary stuff. THAT'S how scared I was. I instructed Pyla to say "Hell, no!" if I ask him to watch another Asian horror flick again. But I hear that there's this other Jap horror movie called Dark Water that's supposed to be really great...