Big Question
I've had the chance to ruminate (naks!) these past few days and I've come up with a list of things I want to do in the near future.
1. Take up Archaeology
2. Get my own place
3. Update my blogs at least once a week (hehe)
4. Watch more gigs
5. Write more/get writing gigs
6. Travel domestically at least twice a year
7. Build a substantial savings deposit
I was gunning for 10, but by the time I got to number 5, I'm wracking my brains already. Am I ambition-less? Oh well, deal. Now the question is, will I muster enough discipline to realize those listed above?
Making the Wolves Howl Once More
I'm currently listening to Wurm again and I keep on forgetting how amazing Wolfgang is. Wurm might be the most kulelat of all of Wolfgang's albums, but I think it's the most musically creative (although Maxwell did the-cd-tells-a-story thing with Urban Hang Suite back in '94), well crafted and most polished among their albums. It's just sad to say that Wolfgang no longer exists, last I heard, Basti is with this new band in the States; so's Wolf who has a separate band that opened for a Quiet Riot concert; Manuel is somewhere in Pinas maintaining a chicken farm and doing modeling gigs(!) on the side; and Mon, well, he virtually disappeared. I'm sure their new bands and careers are doing them well, but Wolfgang is a whole different thing.
I feel the need to defend myself when professing my love for Wolfgang, because a lot of people leer at the fact that a girl could actually listen or even love their music without thinking that they're cute. That the only reason for a girl to like Wolfgang is that Basti and Manuel are tisoys, and good-looking tisoys for that matter. Yes, I admit, they're damn good-looking, but listening to their music opened my eyes to better music out there, better lyrics and better talents. They're just so DAMN good, you know? Watching them live is a whole different experience, it's like their energy spills over the stage and washes over you, leaving you dumbfounded.
Shet, I miss them.
HBO's Brad Pitt-fest
It's Brad Pitt-fest on HBO tonight with Ocean's Eleven and Snatch. I love Ocean's Eleven, and call me uncool, but I don't like Snatch very much. Di ko sha getch.