Last Tuesday has been a verry freaky one. Freaky in a sad way, because Chico, Purplechicken's replacement bassist and Josi's close friend (see how small the world is?), died last Sunday after 3 weeks of being confined in the hospital. What's sadder is that it was a successful suicide. Funny thing is, Pyla and I were talking about him last Sunday. We were talking about how the Manoks are doing with the "replacements" and I told him that they're doing well naman. I told him how Chico would say that Mayo's basslines are so galing and that they're still getting gigs and stuff. He was 25. Sigh.
Tuesday evening, Princess Brat texts me to say that Cla miscarried and that the baby would be cremated that same night. What really stings is that the baby could have been a fluke since Cla has inverted uterus. Hope everything goes well between the newly married couple.
Two deaths in one day is hard to take. Simply too much.
Parting note: I watched "Six Feet Under" last Saturday and in that episode, a 6-year old kid was the "corpse of the day." Brenda said something like "If you lose a spouse you're called a widow or a widower. If you're a child and you lose your parents, then you're an orphan. But, what's the word to describe a parent who loses a child? I guess that's just too fucking awful to even have a name."