Friday, October 18, 2002
I watched the DVD of The Eagle's comeback concert (I think) last night. If I'm ever gonna see passion, I probably have seen it last night, watching the old rockers play their music. The thing about old rockers is that they've reached the lofty heights because of their love for music, then the music takes a backseat when they get really famous and from there, it's just fame and fortune for them. After their 15 minutes of fame, everything is stripped down, and all that's left is their passion for music. It's really a treat watching these musicians do their thing, the way they clutch and play their instruments, it seems as if they're breathing through them. Seeing them makes you realize that playing music is a very demanding job because you would have to play with all your heart and soul to make great music. Otherwise, every sound you produce would be mediocre.