I've always believed that for you to really know who a person is, all you need to do is spend a couple of days with that person and from there, you'd get to know who that person really is, from little habits and other "everyday" stuff. My recent trip to Puerto Galera afforded me that chance with Pyla, mah main squeeze (heehee). Though we didn't get to spend that much time alone, alone, I think I have seen how he really is. Joelle would always say that Pyla is "the nicest guy in the galaxy" and Dawaya's description of him is "...like I said, he's got a good heart". They've known him longer than I have, and even if I didn't know him, I'd believe them 'cause when these ladies agree with each other, then that's it. I could write down details like how his innocence (ignorance?) of the ocean I find very endearing, or how his virtually hairless arms get tanned almost to his fingers, or how much he looks like an adorable little boy when he's reading something or how he'd never get tired of holding my hand when we go for long walks over sand and ocean cliffs. I could go on and on, but the bottomline is he took very good care of me when we were together, even if the concept of waking up early when on the beach eludes him although I think he got the point when he caught me looking out longingly at the sunny sky on our third day there, I knew that he found it really difficult to rise at 7:00 a.m., but he did and we had a great day at that. I guess that's how he really is, he's very sensitive to the needs of the people he care about. He even arranged for his mom to be brought to the hospital when she texted him that she wasn't feeling well, and that's quite hard if you're arranging things from Puerto Galera.
These things, sigh, make me love him even more.